Phobias can be debilitating and affect our everyday lives. Here are 10 top phobias you should be aware of – and how to get rid of them!
1. Arachnophobia – This is the fear of spiders, which is one of the most common phobias. It can cause a person to feel anxious, panicky, and even physically ill in the presence of spiders or spider-like objects.
2. Social Phobia – This is a phobia that is characterised by intense fear or anxiety in social situations, such as public speaking, meeting new people, or going to social events.
3. Aerophobia – This is the fear of flying and can cause intense anxiety and panic when a person is in an airplane, helicopter, or other aircraft.
4. Agoraphobia is a fear of being in situations where escape might be difficult or where help wouldn’t be available if things go wrong. Many people assume agoraphobia is simply a fear of open spaces, but it’s actually more complex. Someone with agoraphobia may be scared of traveling on public transport.
5. Claustrophobia – This is the fear of small or enclosed spaces, which can cause a person to feel anxious and panicky in tight spaces like elevators, small rooms, or even crowds.
6. Acrophobia – This is the fear of heights, which can cause a person to feel anxious and panicky when exposed to heights or even the thought of being high up.
7. Emetophobia – Emetophobia is an extreme fear of vomiting, seeing vomit, watching other people vomit, or even feeling sick. It can affect people in lots of different ways
8. Carcinophobia – Carcinophobia, or the fear of getting cancer, typically affects those who have had the disease or have known people afflicted with it. Of course, it’s normal to experience fear of any kind but people with carcinophobia often take their fear to the extreme and when that fear impacts their everyday life it becomes a source of concern.
9. Astraphobia, also known as brontophobia, is the extreme and irrational fear of thunderstorms and lightning. Astraphobia is an extreme fear of thunder and lightning. It can affect people of all ages, though it may be more common in children than adults …
10. Necrophobia – the fear of death. (Health Phobia)
Stop the Cycle of Phobias
The cycle of fear can keep spinning, making it challenging to break free from phobias, even if you have had other treatments or medication that made no difference, it doesn’t mean that you have to live with phobias for the rest of your life.
Using a unique protocol that eliminates phobias and fears without re-traumatising so that you can be free in a matter of just 2 – 4 sessions
In conclusion, our minds can be overprotective and deceive us in various ways, we know logically that spiders can’t really kill us, especially if we live in England where there are no poisonous species.
Yet people can fear the worst-case scenarios, there’s no logic to our phobias because we are all emotional beings we believe our emotions such as fear much more than logic.
Remember, our brains are powerful tools, but they’re not infallible. By being open and receptive to different ways to change our minds we can make better decisions that avoid prediction errors.
Know one thing, you can change.
Are you intrigued by this field? If so, you may want to peruse the following website pages: Are you seeking a fulfilling and purposeful career as a hypnotherapist, where you can assist others? Or are you already a hypnotherapist seeking engaging and career-advancing opportunities for ongoing professional development and advanced studies?
Check out the pages on this website for more information Hypnotherapist Mentoring with Derek Chapman.